Sts. Simon & Jude parish is looking for a permanent pastor to move to Lincoln and become the permanent pastor. After due process through the appropriate diocesan channels, our new pastor would be installed by the bishop.
- Orthodox parish priests must be married
- Familiarity with and ability to celebrate the Byzantine rite in all Services
- Master's Degree in Theology or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to incardinate into the Exarchate of Nebraska
- Free of canonical impediments
- References and verifiable experience in the Orthodox way of life
- Holy Baptism & Chrismation (Confirmation)
- Reconciliation (Confession & Absolution)
- Holy Matrimony
- Anointing of the Sick (at church or home)
- Liturgical Services (Holy Eucharist, Vespers, etc.)
- Burial & Memorial Services (Panykhida)
- Pastoral Counseling
- Personal Healing & Blessings
- House Blessings
- Object Blessings (vehicle, property, etc.)
- Dedications (Buildings, etc.)
- Hospital Visits
- Catechism Classes & video presentations
- Sunday School
- Inauguration & Commencement Prayers
- Christian Unity Service
- Interfaith Thanksgiving
- Lancaster County Faith Coalition Events
A Christian does live in himself
but in Christ and in his neighbor.
Otherwise he is not a Christian.
He lives in Christ through faith,
in his neighbor through love.
Saints Simon and Jude Parish is part of Eastern Orthodox Christianity